Facilities Manager (Soft Services)Back to Vacancies List
This is your opportunity to join a Global Real Estate company that have a new position for a Facilities Manager (Soft Services) You will be responsible for the daily operational management of an exclusive building and will take responsibility for contractor management to ensure a high standard of service delivery. The successful candidate will be customer-service driven and a team player with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills who interacts effectively with colleagues and clients. You will have great attention to detail, planning skills and enjoy a challenge.
- Ensuring the highest standards of management and maintenance for the property are carried out with specific regard to expenditure and budgetary considerations for key soft service lines.
- Responsible for the day-to-day guidance, direction and development of site-based/contract staff to achieve effective deployment of service, relating to delivery of soft services.
- In conjunction with the FM (hard services) establish and maintain to the highest quality Health & Safety for the property; Maintaining and keeping up-dated the Health & Safety Policy document for the property, which also includes liaising with external consultancies as required.
- Manage and maintain the landlords help desk facility and Monitor and manage helpdesk personnel to ensure guests and clients receive prompt and warm attention at all times
- Undertake regular inspections of the property to monitor servicing, maintenance and compliance standards and liaise with contractors, service providers, consultants and specialists
- Prepare site regulations and issue permits to work for all contractor activities on site.
- Assist and liaise with building surveyors/architects/consultants on major works.
- At least three years’ experience in the management of investor properties.
- BIFM qualifications (or equivalent) and membership of BIFM
- Qualifications in Building Services
- NEBOSH General Certificate and/or IOSH
- Knowledge of the workings of building systems.
- Proven experience in managing service charge budgets, setting budgets and reconciling accounts.
- Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision when necessary.
If you meet the criteria and you are looking for a career move with a global organisation then please apply now.