Senior Engineering ManagerBack to Vacancies List
Our client one of the world’s most well renowned end user organisations, are currently recruiting this role to play a key part in leading the management of their engineering functions to their various sites in and around London and the South East.
Reporting to the director of property and facilities management, on a day to day basis you will provide leadership, supervision and mentoring both the internal team and the incumbent maintenance contractors, promoting collaboration, team ethos, agreeing goals and targets. It will also be the responsibility of the post holder to ensure the engineering systems supporting the key business areas are not impacted by equipment or utility failures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer facing role, interacting with senior Managers, Directors and Executives
- Full P&L responsibility
- Responsible for a large team of staff (direct and subcontracted)
- Negotiate and procure both engineering and utility service contracts.
- Responsibility for the maintenance, repair and renewal of all electro- mechanical systems and building fabric.
- Manage and forecast engineering budgets
- Monitor changes in legalisation and building regulation
- Act as tenant liaison point
- Establish and maintain strong interdepartmental relationships
- Conduct frequent performance analysis
- Project-manage in-house activities, providing initial specifications, mandates, budgets and time lines.
- Monitor energy use throughout the organisation
- This role is a key member of the management team in a high profile support function within the organisation.
- Educated to Degree or HNC/HND Level
- Significant direct experience in a similar role
- Possess a health and safety qualification such as NEBOSH, or as a minimum IOSH.
- Project management-related qualification (APMP, PMP, PRINCE2)
Experience & Key Skills
- Clear and concise written, interpersonal and spoken communication
- Able to clearly articulate and produce business cases
- Willing to travel and occasionally
- Good leader as well as a team player
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with customers, suppliers and key/senior stakeholders
- Numerate with high level of attention to detail. Professional, presentable and articulate.