Facilities Manager (Maternity Cover)Back to Vacancies List
Our client are a University looking to appoint an experienced Facilities Manager to manage and oversee the complete venue and facilities operations of the University across 3 sites, as well as ensuring the variety of sites and their differing stakeholder requirements are dealt with effectively whilst balancing business requirements.
The successful candidate will deliver this whilst actively working to optimise space and resources at all times to help balance the varying needs of our staff, students, members, clients and visitors, and lead the team to enable them to deliver excellent standards and so that consistency is present across all sites.
This role is a maternity cover contract expected to last around 12 months, ideally with a mid-July start date.
- The smooth and effective operation of all sites
- Tendering and procurement of new suppliers and contractors – hard and soft services The day to day contract management and monitoring of agreed SLA’s and KPI’s
- Project management such as office moves, internal refurbishments, developments and build projects
- Health and Safety of London sites.
- The day to day operation of venue to ensure multiple concurrent internal and external events run smoothly
- Manage the expenditure budget effectively
- Market the venue to suitable prospective clients
- Research new markets and avenues for new business
- Liaising with Venue Co-ordinator to ensure Temporary Event Notices are applied for and granted in good time
- Overall management of the online event booking system
- Staff Management and Engagement
Skills & Experience Required
- Educated to undergraduate degree level
- Minimum of 5 years proven commercial venue management experience (end to end sales, marketing and operational)
- Minimum of 5 years operational Facilities Management experience (across multiple sites is an advantage although not essential)
- Minimum of 3 years line management experience of a similar sized team (7 direct reports in total)
- Project management experience (managing multiple projects simultaneously)
- Experience of tendering and procurement practices