Building Manager (Temporary – Permanent) – Ref 712Back to Vacancies List
Our client is a world leader in property services are currently looking for a Building Manager to look after one of their key sites.
To deliver the agreed service, strategy and business plan with the company and client teams and to prepare.
- Manage the onsite team and contracted service providers.
- Manage the agreed budget.
- Manage internal and external relationships including Client, the company, local authorities, service providers and statutory bodies.
- Liaise with and manage tenant’s occupation of the premises, in line with site, client and the company specific requirements.
- Respond to changes in client and occupier requirements as agreed via the appropriate company authorisation process.
- Establish ‘value for money’ strategies for delivering the management service, with approved budgets.
- Develop Occupier FM business at site level in consultation with RFM and Senior Managers
- To be responsible for the ‘day-to-day’ management of all health and safety matters in the building and persons using, or affected by the use of the building or site.
- To be responsible for the ‘on-site’ team including both company and contractors/suppliers.
- Liaise closely with tenants to establish a consistent and co-ordinated approach to Health and Safety matters throughout the site.
- Control and manage staff
- Manage relationships internal/external
- Deliver value for money services on site
- Control budgets and deliver the agreed services, to the defined service levels, on time
- Establish and maintain external contacts with statutory authorities and other groups and associations applicable and beneficial to the services provided.
- Manage service providers and monitor performance against contracted SLAs and KPIs.
- Co-ordinate the production of performance reports, carry out analysis of the results and take appropriate action to ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
- Environmental Management to ensure that the property retains its ‘Excellent’ BREEAM rating re monitor and execute the agreed budgets on time and within the agreed parameters.
Key Performance Indicators
- Staff retention and development
- Service providers and company achieve contracted SLAs and KPIs
- Produce, manage and report on budgets, accurately, within agreed forecast and in a timely manner.
- Service Charge on time on budget
- All Health and Safety matters effectively managed.
- Environmental Management
- Client satisfaction
- Tenant satisfaction
- Contract staff retention
- Meet personal annual objectives agreed with Manager
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Appropriate FM qualification preferred
- H&S IOSH Certification (or similar) – Required.
- Commercial awareness from experience and/or qualification
- Cost control, variance and forecasting reporting
- IT skills inc. Word, Excel to intermediate level
- Staff Management
- Knowledge of Output Specifications
- Management of Performance Based Contracts
- 5 Years + Relevant FM experience will need to be demonstrated – Required
- Contract Management (SLA’s & KPI’s) – Required
- Service Charges – Preferred
- Management Agent Background – Preferred
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Creates plans and budgets to assist in financial planning of the building and meets agreed targets.
- Assists surveyor / Director in achieving high standards of performance and delivery of client service
- Identifies cost saving and performance enhancing opportunities
- Identifies additional business opportunities and presents these in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Is able to balance the various needs of the Client, Tenant and company in all actions
- Seeks to improve and enhance delivery of client service, as well as supporting property manager.
Leadership and Motivation
- Leads from the front, supports and identifies change and controls and enhances change management, represents company and clients values.
- Establishes and nurtures harmonious relationships both externally and internally
- Places a priority on developing own skills, knowledge and abilities in line with business priorities
- Seeks to improve staff through training and IIP initiatives
- Works with service provider’s management, to ensure contracted site-based staff are developed and trained in line with their job role.
This position will not be available for long
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com