Facilities ManagerBack to Vacancies List
The role will involve all aspects of Facilities Management, internally and externally to the building and ensuring appropriate services are delivered safely to employees and visitors.
The building manager will be responsible for planning, costing, implementation and delivery of a number of key projects. The job holder will also be responsible for the improvement and delivery of business critical services and the day to day building management.
This role is a responsible role requiring an experienced individual with a working knowledge of the legislative framework applicable to the management and delivery of providing a safe and compliant working environment for all staff and visitors to the building.
The job holder should have evidence of experience in the following key skills for a medium-sized business:
- Project management – Previous experience of delivering projects on budget/time
- Working knowledge of procurement, negotiation and management of external contacts
- Management of all planned and preventative maintenance works by third parties to ensure appropriate working environment and no business disruption
- Previous experience of managing facilities/office services department
- Good knowledge of electrical engineering and chilled water systems
- Budget preparations and management
- Working experience of health and safety management (IOSH or NEBOSH qualified)
- PC literate with Excel and Work Skills
- Preferably qualified to degree level, but not essential
- Ideally IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Approachable individual with professional manner
- Methodical and practical in approach to tasks
- Adopt a hands-on approach as required
- Self-motivated and as effective time manager able to multi-task
- Strong business operational focus
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Team player, but able to work on own initiative
- Able to respond to emergencies and urgent issues as they arise